Saturday, June 2, 2012

Whine and Wine


Sorry I didn't post all week but I was not feeling too inspired to write. My job has just been kind of "ehhh" lately and it's left me pretty unhappy in the evenings which does not equal any type of interesting posts! I hate that! I really need to turn it around and just make the best of everything. I really do have a pretty great job but just recently we pulled the plug on a really exciting project that I had a big role in. It was going to be a big opportunity for me. I work in product development and it's difficult because often times things are just outside your control. I. don't. like. that. Not that I'm a control freak but I love to be challenged and was just having so much fun with the project. Alright, I feel better. 

Let's play a little catch up. Last weekend we went to our friends house for a bbq. First one of the season and it was wonderful! These are our dearest friends (definitely more like family). John and I joined the group....oh, 7 years ago now and we still feel so lucky. You couldn't ask to be friends with better people.

A few things I've concluded about our parties....

1) There is always wine!
2) It almost always turns into a dance party. I hope the kids remember that about us! It's mostly for them....mostly ;)  BTW- kids dance moves are hillarious these days!
3) The boys almost always have to get a poker game in and if Sean doesn't win soon I think they will be no more. Ha!

My mid-year New Years resolution was to take more pictures (you can do that right?). So the camera is fairly new to us. We might have to set some ground rules going forward. Like rule #1, no gang or peace signs.  I wish I could show one pic of my friend...she's secretly conservative for her hubby but sometimes she lets her little wild side out ;). So you will get the "if my grandma ran accross this blog" pics....or boss!






Thanks for listening, my mood already feels better and I'm ready for a wonderful weekend!

We're going to a friends bday party tonight..Moroccan themed! Should be fun! And tomorrow, hopefully I can bust out some fun projects tomorrow to share with ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment