Tuesday, May 8, 2012

30th Birthday Bash!

A couple of weekends ago we celebrated my husband's 30th birthday. We had sooooo much fun!

I knew I wanted to send him into his 30's with a bang and so the planning began a few months before. Here are some pics and highlights from the party!


1. Custom Invitations- I knew I wanted to use a Guiness beer label and change the wording. Sadly, I don't have adobe photoshop and am limited by microsoft publisher. So to Etsy I went and found someone that did this with a Guiness label (uhhhmazing). My friend helped me create the back of the invite. How stinkin cute is my husband? I know, what happened? ;)

2. Framed Chalkboard Sign- Now this was one of my favorite finds! We moved into our house a couple years ago and there was this ugly painting behind the water heater in the garage.
For some reason though I hung onto it. Good thing I did! With a little spray paint on the frame and a couple of coats of chalkboard paint over the picture, it had earned it's stay!

3. Chalkboard labeled glasses- I wanted everyone to have something to take home from the party. So I began collecting Pilsner glasses a couple months back. Every weekend I would stop into a Marshalls/Ross/ Home Goods and clean them out of pilsner glasses! I really wanted to add chalkboard labels to them and you can definitely do this with chalkboard paint but the drawback is that they are not dishwasher safe. Soooo to Etsy again! A quick search for "chalkboard labels" lead me to the ones you see on the glasses. They have just the right amount of detail. LOVE them!

4. Make your own cake stands- This was fun too! You can google "cake stand tutorial" and get lots of instructions on how to do this. First, I went to the local thrift store and got different plates and candle holders. The total was $20 but I just happened to be there on 50% off day, ohhhh yeah. I epoxyed the candle holders to the bottom of the plates, let them dry overnight, and then spray painted them all black. TA-DA!

5. Photo booth props- The last highlight from the party I think was the photo booth props. I wanted to set up an area for pics with the props but ended up not having a great place to do this. I kind of just put them to the side and wasn't going to use them. About half way through the party I thought "what the heck, let's pull them out!" My friend was walking around with these taking pics and it was the perfect ice breaker for people. These things let everybody be a little silly! Again, Etsy!

I'll leave with you a few fun pics. Needless to say, we slept in the next morning :)

2 comments:

  1. This is the cutest idea!!! I absolutely love the invitation. My boyfriend's 30th birthday is coming up and I'm beginning the planning process. Do you have the name of the Etsy designer who created the invitation for you? I've been looking at invitations all day and when I came across the picture of this invitation I just about died, it's so awesome! Thank you for your help!

    -Molly

    www.browneyedcharmer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Molly! Thanks so much! The Etsy shop was GreenBeansieInk (http://www.etsy.com/shop/GreenBeansieInk). I just checked and I didn't see the invitation listed on there. Hmmm, I bet if you email her though she could do one for you ;) Hope it works and have fun with all the planning!

    ReplyDelete