Saturday, May 19, 2012

I Have a Disease

It’s called No Telephone Skills-itus. My case is severe.

I really don't like talking on the phone. This goes back a looooonnng time. I don't even know how it started or why. I just prefer email or text.

But that is just soooo sad I know! For my friends that live in the same town, I think they would all say I am a good friend and they generally know what's going on with me. We're regular emailers/facebookers. We get together frequently and are close.  For those friends that live far away, BLESS YOU for putting up with me.

The funny thing is that I think about all of my friends constantly. I wish I was the person that just picked up the phone to check-in. It's always "this wekeend when I have time" or "well, i only have 20 min. to talk and so I don't want to cut them off." It's like I make excuses for the PERFECT time, which never comes. Others can be feeding/changing a diaper and still talking to me! Not to say I never just call to chit chat but it is certainly not enough. There are many girlfriends I wished I talked to multiple days a week. I know my life would be richer and fuller because every time I get off the phone with them I feel sooo good. There's definitely been some laughs, maybe a heart to heart, and just a general feeling of closeness with someone.

Sooooo what is the cure? I've wondered this for a very. long. time. All I can say is that I am just going to try harder. I'm going to try harder because I want to be as close as possible with all of you. And most importantly, I want all my friends for a lifetime.

In an effort to find a cure for my disease, I actually ran accross something that kind of made me think that maybe I didn't have a disease but I was actually the smart one...no, not really but it made me laugh!


*Disclaimer- Some of this is a little crude, I typically would never put anything in here about mens private parts! ;)
Why I avoid using the phone
Why I avoid using the phone
The Oatmeal



This is from The Oatmeal blog: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/phone

2 comments:

  1. This is why we get along oh-so very well!!!! There isn't often a conversation that can't be had by email, or wait til we see each other in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! Thanks Linds ;) I agree in a lot of ways! It works for us living in the same town. Now you know why I wouldn't want you to move away ever!!

    ReplyDelete