Monday, May 7, 2012

Revamping the wardrobe for Spring/Summer 2012.

“I have nuuuuuthing to wear”! If my husband had a dime for every time he
heard me say this as I’m trying to get ready for somewhere we are going……

Of course he thinks I am ridiculous when I say this and I can totally see why. My clothing outnumbers his at least 10:1…at least. I’m sure you can all relate to me on this. I try to put myself in his shoes.  I imagine the feelings would be similar if I was standing in Carrie Bradshaw’s closet and she said this exact same thing to me. Bitch please.
I am no fashionista. I am a total wannabe. But, one thing I love to do is to trickle in a few trendy things each season. All in hopes of avoiding that dreaded phrase.   So here you go ladies…this is what they are saying we should all be wearing this Spring/Summer!

Pastels are in. Mint green to be exact. At first when I read this I was in complete in opposition. But, I quickly realized this knocks out two trends in one shot –colored jeans and pastel colors. DONE! Yes, I’m treating fashion like a to-do list.


Crochet is back. This one is sooo interesting to me! What a contrast between bright colors and crochet.  BIG props to one of my friends for rocking the crochet a couple of weeks ago! Literally she was rocking it.


BRIGHT colors all around. No surprise here, for the last year the clothes section at Target has given me a headache. But, as it seems to always go, the trends have really grown on me. And the hot color for Spring/Summer is ……..Orange! Don’t all cheer at one time. This is one where I will probably implement a little bit more subtlety; like jewelry or a clutch.
Stripes are hanging on. Thank the Lord almighty! I LOVE stripes.  They are a classic.


Let's throw another wrench in here- Black and white combos are hot. Maybe it's to balance out the rainbow trend seen everywhere else.


Print, print, print! Swap print with shots and I get a similar feeling in my stomach when I see this trend. Well, I should say I used to feel this way. For the last couple of seasons I just hunkered down and hoped this trend would pass. So why the change of heart? Brainwashing, I think. Yup, going to blame it on the bombardment of advertisements to this breakdown.  It’s a strike contrast to my natural muted tone wardrobe but I’m kind of digging it. 


Well folks there you have it, this what a google search on fashion trends for this year will get you :) But now the fun part, seeing how I can incorporate some of these things. Did a little shopping this weekend and have some stuff on order- stay tuned!

1 comment: